Monday, February 14, 2011

It's all in a name

It's finally been decided. We are going to name our 2nd daughter Cara Elyse. When we were naming LB, it was so much easier. We decided on Lauryn Rose because we liked the way it sounded, and I knew if I ever had a daughter I would want her to have my name for her middle name (don't ask me why). We literally came up with Lauryn's name in like 30 mins...so easy!

This time around, it was so different. We have been thinking about our next daughter's name for months and months. I was so happy when we finally decided on Cara. The hubs wanted a name that he liked and had a good meaning, especially since the name Lauryn doesn't really have a meaning. So anyway, Cara means "beloved or friend" and Elyse means "with God." I'm so happy we finally have a full name now...my brain can rest easy.

Since we're on the topic of names, I have to repost a blog entry I wrote long time ago about names. I was cracking up when I came across this information:

The name Rose doesn't really have a meaning, but it can be traced to the Old German word "hros" meaning "horse."

Philip, on the other hand, means "horse lover."

I mean...were we meant to be or were we meant to be??? You can guess who liked who first...HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that name! Your post made me laugh like crazy!!! hahahah Horse and Horse Lover?? Totally meant to be!

    ReplyDelete