Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Lauryn!!

This past weekend, we celebrated Lauryn's 2nd birthday with family and a few close friends. We decided to throw her a minnie mouse party, since she absolutely adores her. I must admit, I went a little over the top w/ minnie mouse...minnie invites, banners, balloons, clothes, favors, cake, etc. It's funny because I kept telling myself and the hubs that this was going to be a small get together (not even a party). Let's just say, I didn't know where to cut corners b/c as I was getting deeper and deeper into the planning everything looked so cute, and I knew how happy LB would be with all the minnie stuff.
The only problem we ran into while planning LB's party was with the weather. Initially, we reserved a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse jumper which fit PERFECTLY with the minnie mouse theme. As the party was quickly approaching, we kept checking the weather and noticed the chance of rain kept increasing. Eventually, I decided to cancel the jumper. I had 3 days to come up with another plan. After searching online for hours, I came across this mobile petting zoo. We got so lucky booking this vendor. Usually, they do not set up the zoo for a 1 hr booking, but they happened to have another engagement right next to our house so they agreed to make an exception and stop by our party. We expressed our concerns about the weather and they said they could set up the zoo in our garage. Perfect!! It was a huge relief once I knew we were good to go with the zoo. I would totally recommend "All God's Creatures" to anyone looking for a party vendor. Not only were they great with the kids, but they were so punctual, great with clean-up, and super duper nice. The animals came all dressed up in their party clothes and I can confidently say EVERYONE at the party was entertained. At times, the parents seemed more excited than the kids. =)
Happy 2nd Birthday, Lauryn!! We love you soooooo~ much!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Lauryn! Fantastic party and the fighting goats were the BEST!! Actually, the best part was singing HB twice!! =P

    LB fans for life!!!!

    I have the video of us singing HB. I'll burn it on a cd and give it to you on Sunday! =)

    ReplyDelete