I know you're not suppose to compare your kids, but I can't help it. Personally, I think it's okay to compare your kids as long as you don't take it too seriously. I mean you almost can't even help it...it's just natural. For the most part, my girls are so different...like night and day. It's when I compare them, that I really see their differences and appreciate them for who they are.
Let's just start from the beginning:
Birth:
Lauryn of course came right on time, which so fits her personality. She is very "by-the-book" and likes structure, schedules, and consistency. Cara was just too comfy in my tummy. Who said the 2nd child was suppose to come out sooner? I was a few days past my due date and NOTHING. We ended up just going to the hospital and getting induced. Cara has always been very content. Being content in my stomach was just the beginning.
Bottle Feeding:
Lauryn was suuuuuuch an awesome bottle feeder!!! The best!! Once she would start her bottle, she'd be done with every last drop in a few minutes. She could literally throw back 8 ounces like it was no ones business. Cara on the other hand....drink 2 ounces, stop, drink 2 ounces, stop, drink 2 ounces...an hour goes by!! She's much better now, but it was definitely a struggle the 1st few months.
Sleeping:
Both the girls are great sleepers. What can I say? They take after their mom. Lauryn slept through the night (with a dream feed) at 10 weeks. Cara started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks...she probably could've slept through the night earlier, but for some reason I was going in to feed her when she would start moving. Lack of sleep makes you do crazy things sometimes.
Solids:
Lauryn would always taste a little and then decide whether she liked it or not. She is my picky eater. Cara ate and will eat everything and anything. She is my garbage disposal. Lauryn chews with her mouth closed and will never take another bite until she has finished all the food in her mouth. Cara will take and take and take until she has too much food in her mouth and then spits it out. Lauryn takes forever to eat. Cara can eat in 5 minutes.
1st year milestones:
Overall, Cara was a bit slower than lauryn. Cara started rolling sooner but Lauryn definitely walked before Cara. Cara was able to say about 4-5 words by her 1st birthday. Lauryn knew about 20.
I have so much fun with these girls, and I love watching their personalities bloom. Here are a few photos from our recent family photo session.




love the family photos! Such a good lookin' familia~!
ReplyDeleteMiss the girls...can't believe how big they are!
I love your girls! I always crack up when I think of Cara slurping on her geem flavored fingers...they both have mom's smile :).
ReplyDeletechange to "one + one = four". can't help but compare when they are so different, right? look fwd to playing in the summer!!
ReplyDelete