Wednesday, June 2, 2010

7 Years

This may or may not be my last year of teaching (for a while). Due to all the state budget cuts, I am one of 22,000 teachers in California on the layoff list. I have such mixed feelings this year. Usually by this time I'm tearing down my classroom, packing up my things, finishing up all the things a teacher does before summer vacation starts. This time around, I find it much harder to start taking things down. Is this it? Am I done? I've spent the last 7 years, trying to be the best teacher I could be...and to tell you the truth, I'm not finished yet. I feel like I have a lot more to give. This year was challenging because it's my first time being a full time teacher and a full time mom. Lauryn is my daughter, but my students are my kids. I wish I knew what the future holds for me, but I guess I will have to be patient and trust God. Here's to the last 7 years of my career. My classroom pictures say it all...
(listening center)
(nonfiction library)
(sponge painted snowmen and pumpkin weaving)
(st. patricks day potato people)
(tissue paper butterflies & shapes are everywhere math project)
(heart butterflies & fall art project)
(solid figures math project)
(math board)
(reading board)
(writing board)
(crayon art)
(Me art project)
(Sept. owls)
(Geometry eggs)
(Welcome to Rm. 54!)
Goodbye!

1 comment:

  1. my second grade classroom was 54 too!!!! your room looks awesome, and you are a fabulous teacher! it is a shame that our district and state is the way it is...

    ReplyDelete